It is a company of the German Democratic Republic, which was engaged in the production of trucks, vans, and buses. The production of which began in the 1880s from bicycles. During the Cold War and until 1946, the company produced 3-ton trucks in the city of Zittau.
Meaning and History
The logo of this old company has a very interesting look. The main part of the logo is the text with the name of the company. It is made in bold type, has sharp corners and lines, all letters are interconnected and located close to each other. An interesting element of the logo is the arrangement of the letters. The letters “R”, “B” and “R” are located above, “O” and “U” below, forming a structure that some associate with the chain. Sometimes the text part was supplemented with a graphic element consisting of three squares, one of which had the inscription “IFA”.
Emblem and symbol
The emblem of the company was the name of the brand, which had a silver color and was located on the front of the hood of trucks.